Sunday, October 3, 2010

Check Out "Zombiepalooza" This October!

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't posted anything fresh since Wednesday...paying work sometimes gets in the way of this fly-by-night operation.  And, well, I don't really have anything new right now, either, if you want the truth.  But I can offer you a nice alternative. 



Amanda Hocking is an independent novelist who writes predominantly paranormal fiction (if you're unfamiliar with the genre, think Twilight, I guess, only Amanda's writing is actually good).  She writes a blog called My Blood Approves, and she's declared the entire month of October to be Zombiepalooza--in her words, "a celebration to recognize the societal contributions of zombies."  Every day this month, she'll feature a guest blog post, short story, or free stuff giveaway devoted to the shuffling undead.  And, if I may say so, I'll be writing a guest column on the 26th.  I don't want to give too much away, but readers will then have clear access to my deepest thoughts on the cultural value of that greatest of masterpieces, Shaun of the Dead...and I say "greatest of" with no hint of irony.

So while you're waiting on me to finish with the day job nonsense and get back to posting random mutterings on the internet, check out Zombiepalooza, and get ready for Halloween!

-Jon

No comments:

Post a Comment