Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Now You Can Get Email Feeds!

After a certain amount of tinkering, I've managed to install a new way to get content from this dog and pony show.  If you click the link at the upper right, supply a valid email address, and enter one of those ridiculous secret words, and you can receive email alerts when I update the blog.  You'll get a confirmation email with a link to verify that you are in fact who you say you are (if "you" is in fact your real name...)  It's run through FeedBurner, and I promise it will not send you spam, just a daily email summarizing the activity on the blog.  If nothing's been posted, no annoying empty email, either.

Being the engineer I am, I tested it before rolling it out to an unsuspecting public, and it seems to work pretty seamlessly.  Any experienced bloggers out there are probably chuckling at this, but I'm still getting the hang of this, so keep your eye rolls to a minimum, please.

I'd like to take this opportunity to sincerely thank everyone who's been reading this space regularly (especially that person in Canada--I don't know who you are, but I know you're a regular, and I gotta tell you it's cool to see international stats).  I've been at this just over a month now, and I've found it to be very cathartic to allow some of the stuff rattling around in my head loose on the world.  I think I might just continue, as long as you're all willing to stay on board!

-Jon

--PS:  I looked up "cathartic" to make sure that was the word I really wanted to use, and one of the alternate definitions pertained to "evacuating the bowels."  After some deliberation, I decided that was exactly the word I wanted to use there.

No comments:

Post a Comment